Benefits of Jumping Rope- If an individual is looking for a way to add little fun and creativity in their workout sessions, adding jump rope at different intervals regularly. A jumping rope can be a good investment one can do in their fitness material. It is an extremely effective form of cardiorespiratory exercise and doesn’t need much space, only a timer and some creativity are necessary.
Every day, humans burn 5 calories to consume 1 liter of oxygen. This shows that those exercises which involve more muscles increase the oxygen demand. This allows you to expand more energy and burning more calories. You believe it or not but jumping rope can do more of its work than jogging. It is very easy and simple to do anywhere. Along with you, you can bring it on any trip, school, work, or any other place, just place it in your backpack and thus, requires very less space.
Generally, in the gym, plastic ropes are used and they are easier to use for speedwork. Once you buy rope, make sure that it fits and suits you comfortably. Most of the ropes range to 8 to 10 feet long. You have to stand in the middle of the ropes and hold your hands comfortably at your waist height. And then adjust accordingly. Before doing this, make sure that the surface should like a gym mat or concrete floor, otherwise, in the way rocks, sticks and grass can become hurdles for you.
There are many benefits of jumping rope. Here is the list of benefits derived from jumping rope that you may have not aware of-
- Improves Coordination- Doing jumping rope can improve coordination by making yourself focus on your feet. Maybe you’re not paying attention to them, your brain is aware of what your feet are doing the practice of. By doing so, again and again, this makes you lighter on your feet. According to a study, the more tricks you perform with jump ropes, the more conscious and coordinated you have to be.
- Decreases Foot and Ankle Injuries- It is most beneficial for those who actively participate in other sports also. Many sports athletes in tennis, football, basketball, and other sports often many times suffer from foot and leg injuries. This problem is very common in both tennis and basketball. It not only improves foot coordination but also, increases your strength of the muscles surrounded by the ankle joint and in the foot also.
- Burns Major Calories- As compared to jogging, jumping rope burns more calories. Doing it for 30 minutes, the aerobic exercises can achieve a burn rate of up to 1300 calories per hour with about 0.1 calories consumed per jump.
- Completely Portable and Fun- A jumping rope can be very easy to carry anywhere with you. You can backpack it and carry with yourself to school, office, work, gym, and other places also. You should do a warm-up before the basketball game and cool down after a ride. One can learn several tricks that can be used in jumping rope.
- Makes you Smarter- Whether you believe or not, jumping rope can make you smarter. It aids in the development on the left or right side of your brain. This further increase reading skill enhances special awareness, also increases the memory and makes you mentally alert. The jumping improves coordination and dynamic balance, bone density, reflexes, and muscular endurance.
At the time of jumping rope, you’re are doing physically and mentally exercises both. Your brain and body are working at the same time. It increases the elasticity and resiliency of lower-leg muscles which leads to a decrease in the risk of lower-leg injuries. The jumping can also do improvement in cognitive functions because it includes learning new motor patterns that help to improve nervous system communication between your brain, lower leg, and brain. Also, by doing strengthening training workouts sessions, jumping can act as an effective way to increase the intensity of circuit training sessions. If you’re thinking about making jump ropes, it is quite good enough to invest in durable and good jump rope that is the only piece at home equipment of cardio exercises.