Best Healthy Foods That Are High in Vitamin D
Healthy Foods That Are High in Vitamin D:-Everyone on this planet is familiar with the phrase “ Health is Wealth” from childhood. Our body needs too many vital processes, which includes building and maintaining strong bones. In our day to day busy life schedule, it has become very essential for people to take care of their health and fitness first. You can’t able to enjoy your wealth if you are not having good health.
Appropriate amounts of vitamins, minerals, proteins, and carbohydrates are required by our body for the smooth functioning of our body. Vitamin D is the key nutrient that human needs to absorb the calcium, proper functioning of the immune system, and stronger muscles.
Lack of Vitamin D depicts a weakened immune system, increased cancer risk, leads to rickets, low hair growth, and osteomalacia. On the other hand, the excess containment of Vitamin D leads to more absorption of calcium that results in Kidney Stones and a high risk of heart diseases.
What is Vitamin D and Its Essentials:-
Vitamin D is fat-soluble, which means one needs to eat fat to absorb it in his/ her body. It can be obtained from sun exposure, foods, supplements. Without Vitamin D your bones can become thin, misshapen, or brittle. Research studies that the essential vitamin helps in fighting from a variety of illnesses like cancer, depression, diabetes, and heart/ liver diseases.
Some highly productive foods are rich in Vitamin D are mentioned below-
- Fortified Yogurt
- Fortified Milk
- Orange Juice
- Pork chops
This is the list of some of the vitamin D foods that provide sufficient nutrients in the body to stay fit. Sunshine Vitamin also ensures the adequate amount of Vitamin D if your skin is exposed to sunlight. 20 Minutes in a day is sufficient in sunlight to meet the requirement.
5 Healthy Foods are rich in Vitamin D:-
Very few varieties of foods are available that contain Vitamin D in them naturally. Some of them are displayed below in brief:-
- Eat Fatty fish and Seafood- Both the foods are among the richest source of Vitamin D naturally. Scientists research that salmon contains 25% of the amount of wild-caught salmon. Other species of fish that are the key nutrients of Vitamin D are Shrimp, Tuna, Oysters, Sardines, etc.
- Consume More and More Mushrooms-For those who are herbivorous, a mushroom is the best plant that is the source of essential vitamin D. Mushrooms can also absorb this vitamin-like human when exposed to the sunlight. When exposed to the sunlight, wild mushrooms are having more chances of absorbing more sunlight than commercially grown types.
- Add Egg Yolks in your meal-Eggs are the magnificently nutritious food and another best source of Vitamin D for those who are vegetarian. Egg Yolk contains 5% of the DV or 37 IU of vitamin D. You can easily include egg yolks in your meal.
- Fortified Foods-A process known as fortification consists of the high level of Vitamins D. The further nutrient is added to staple foods like cow’s milk, tofu, certain types of yogurt, orange juice, almond and soy, hemp mil, etc. One can boost his level of Vitamin D by increasing the consumption of calcium products and oatmeal, juices include fruits contains citric acid, etc.
- Calcium Products-Calcium plays an important role in strengthening the bone structure, skeletal integrity. By consuming enough Vitamin D protects the human body against disorders like osteoporosis. Calcium can be absorbed only with the help of Vitamin D.
To get a daily dose of vitamin, one should spend 20-25 minutes exposure to sunlight. By consuming plenty of above-mentioned vitamins D foods can result in a healthy immune system and enhance the rich source in our body.