8 Impressive Health Benefits of Green Tea

Benefits of Green Tea

Benefits of Green Tea

Green tea is one of the healthiest things to drink. It is loaded with various nutrients and antioxidants which have very powerful effects on your body like fat loss, better brain functions, lower risk of cancer are some of the impressive benefits of green tea.

When it comes to drinking beverages, Tea is one of the most consumed beverages all over the world. However, green tea accounts for only 22%, while the rest 78% consumption is of black tea.

All types of tea are made up of the Camellia sinensis plant. It’s the level of oxidation of leaves that distinguish various types of tea.
Green tea is a very less processed type of tea and is made from unoxidized leaves. That is the main reason it contains various antioxidants and nutrients.

There are various health benefits of green tea associated with green tea consumption. While most benefits have been proved successfully, still various researches are going on to claims some other benefits.

Below are some of the health benefits of green tea which are well-supported studies to back them up

  • Helps in losing weight and lowering the risk of obesity – Drinking green tea increases the metabolism rate in your body which literally leads to weight loss. Many researchers have claimed that drinking green tea leads to fat loss especially belly fat. However, some studies claimed that green tea doesn’t put a significant effect on weight.
  • Lowers down the risk of cancer – Cancer, which is one of the deadliest diseases is caused by the uncontrolled growth of cells. Oxidative damage leads to the development of cancer. Green tea can significantly help you to prevent from cancer as it contains various antioxidants.
    Various studies have claimed that drinking green tea lowers the risk of following types of cancer.
    1. Breast cancer: This is one of the most common cancers in women. Various studies have claimed that women drinking green tea have a 25/30% lower risk of cancer.
    2. Colorectal cancer: Various researchers have found that people who drink green tea have a 40% lower risk of colorectal cancer.
    3. Prostate cancer: This is the most common type of cancer developing in men. According to a study, men that drink green tea have a 45% lower risk of prostate cancer.
  • Green tea improves brain functions: Green tea helps significantly in improving your brain functions and makes you smarter. The key ingredient for this is caffeine which is a known stimulant. Although in green tea caffeine is not that much as in coffee, but enough to makes your brain works better.
    Along with caffeine, green tea also contains amino acid L-theanine which is able to cross the blood-brain barrier.
    When you drink green tea, it blocks a neurotransmitter called Adenosine. Thus by doing this, it increases the firing of neurons and the concentration of neurotransmitters like dopamine.
    Various studies have shown that green tea gives you more stable energy and makes you more productive as compared to coffee.
  • Green tea lowers the risk of “TYPE 2” diabetes Type 2 disease is a disease that increases the blood sugar level in your body and is an insulin resistor. Approximately 400 million people worldwide are affected by it.
    According to research drinking green tea improves insulin sensitivity and also lowers down the blood sugar level. One of the Japanese studies has found that people who drink green tea have a 42% lower risk of type 2 diabetes
  • Helps in improving your physical performance – Green tea contains “Caffeine”, which improves your physical performance by mobilizing fatty acids from fat tissues and making them available for use as an energy booster. According to a recent study, it improves energy by almost 11/12%.
  • Green tea kills bacteria and lowers the risk of infection – Green tea contains “catechins”, which can kill the bacteria and prevents virus like influenza virus which eventually lowers down the risk of infection.
    Various studies have claimed that green tea restricts the growth of “Streptococcus mutans”, a major bacteria in the mouth that leads to cavities and tooth decay.
  • Green tea lowers down the risk of heart stroke – Heart stroke and disease are one of the most deadly diseases. Various researches have proved that drinking green tea can decrease the risk of heart stroke.
    Green tea increases the antioxidants level in your body, which protects LDL particles from oxidants ad eventually prevents you from various heart associated problems.

These are some of the benefits of Green tea which can immensely helps you in your day-to-day life.

Click Here To Know the Best Sources Of Protein

Be the first to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.


*