Health Benefits Of Drinking Water
Staying hydrated is very important for our health but many of us do not take enough fluids which cause dysfunction of the human body. The human body is made up of 60 percent water and blood contains 90 percent water. So it is very important to consume enough water so that body can perform its functions properly.
There is no universal rule to determine how much drinking water you should consume. It depends on an individual. But the general saying is that you should drink 2-3 cups an hour to keep your body hydrated. There are also benefits of drinking water for weight loss.
Five benefits of drinking water:
- Helps in regulating body temperature and blood pressure:
Less water in the body can cause the blood to become thicker which can increase your blood pressure beyond the optimum value. Consuming enough water will keep your blood pressure in check.
You should drink plenty of water if you have a fever because it regulates body temperature. Let’s see how it works.
When your body is sweating, the water that is present between the layers of skin comes to the surface of the skin as sweat. When the sweat evaporates, it cools down the body. If there is not much water in the body then the heat gets trapped within the body and the person will not be able to bear that temperature.
Also having a lot of water can reduce physical strain while exercising if heat stress is occurring during the workout.
- Weight loss can be helped by drinking more water:
Consuming water instead of juices and sodas can help you with your weight. This is because water can increase metabolic rate which results in more expenditure of energy.
Drinking a half-liter of water increases your metabolism by 25-30 percent and up to 96 calories can be burnt by consuming 2 liters of water every day.
Drinking half an hour before the meal is the best way to control your weight as it makes you consume lesser calories by making you think that you are full. Also, drink cold water if possible because then the body will have to spend more energy(calories) to heat water to the temperature of the body.
- The functioning of Brain, Energy levels, Physical performance:
Dehydration can greatly reduce the physical performance of the body. Staying hydrated is particularly important during the high-intensity workout. Dehydration can result in increased fatigue, altered body temperature, and much more.
Even mild dehydration can result in impaired functioning of the brain. It greatly affects brain performance and causes feelings of fatigue and anxiety. Balance of the production of neurotransmitters and hormones also gets disturbed which leads to interference with thinking and reasoning of the brain.
- Kidney damage and Stones:
The function of the kidney is to regulate the fluid in the body. It filters approximately 140 quarts of fluid. Improper functioning of the kidney can result in the build-up of excess fluids and waste products inside the body.
Lack of water can cause many problems in the body such as kidney stones. The main reason for kidney stones is lack of water. Urinary stones are the clumps of mineral crystals formed in the urinary system. Water helps in dissolving minerals and nutrients. Higher intake of the fluid increases the amount of urine passing through kidneys which results in the dilution of the concentration of minerals, so it prevents them from crystallizing and forming clumps.
- Benefits of drinking water to skin:
Skin is the organ of your body and is largely made up of water. Skin can’t function properly with the shortage of water.
Given here are benefits of drinking water on skin:
- It clears the problem of acne. Study shows that 45-55 percent of the adult population has acne. Water helps in removing toxins from the skin and shrinks your pores.
- It helps in tightening of the skin. Sagging skin around your stomach, arms, legs, and jawline can be helped by consuming more water. It is because water helps the skin to improve its elasticity making it normal from sagging.
- If you want glowing skin then you have to maintain the ph balance of your skin. Consuming enough water can get you glowing skin because it maintains the ph of the skin.
- It also increases the rate of healing. If you have got sunburn then taking more water will definitely heal you at a faster rate.
- It slows down aging by plumping your skin which minimizes the wrinkles which you already have.
- Benefits of drinking water in the morning
After getting the sleep of 6-8 hours without consumption of water, your body needs to be re-hydrated. It helps in alerting your brain and fuels the brain and increases the metabolic rate which is a sign of an improved digestive system.
Consuming water on an empty stomach helps in balancing your immune system and getting rid of all the toxins which were stored in the body overnight. It is also the key to healthy hair. Roots of hair can become dry and brittle if there is a lack of water.
- Benefits of drinking water in a copper bottle
There are many benefits of drinking water from copper and these are given below:
- Bacteria such as E.coli and s.aures that are commonly present in the environment can be effectively eliminated by copper. Copper acts like sterilizer and eliminates these bacteria which can cause several physical ailments.
- It helps in improving digestion by destroying harmful bacteria.
- Drinking water from copper vessel aids in weight loss. It breaks down and eliminates the fat.
- It’s anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties helps the wounds to heal faster.