Benefits of Copper Water- Nowadays, copper water is an emerging trend people are following to store drinking water in the container made of copper like a copper water bottle. This trend is highly supported by Ayurveda while you also have heard about this from many references. Still, an individual thought of it once whether they are beneficial or not.
In ancient times, our grandmothers and also ancestors used to store drinking water in copper containers. Their main objective was to safeguard the drinking water but there is more behind this story. In this modern era, where UV Filters and RO Purifiers have displayed in 80% of people’s kitchen, people think that storing water in the copper jar is old-fashion and not required. But now several studies support this ayurvedic method.
- As it creates a natural purification process.
- Also, can kill all microorganisms, fungi, algae, molds and make the water perfectly fit for drinking.
- As we all know copper is an essential mineral that is good for human health.
- It has antioxidant, antimicrobial, anti-inflammatory, and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Also, remove toxins from the body.
Our body cannot synthesize copper, so you need to get it from dietary sources. These dietary sources include seafood, organ meats, whole grains, lentils, nuts, seeds, chocolate, cereals, potatoes, peas, and some dark green leafy vegetables. According to Ayurveda, it is beneficial for our stomach if we drink water contained in a copper container on an empty stomach helps to balance three doshas (Kapha, Pitta, and Vata). Also, ensures the proper functioning of different organs and several metabolic processes. In addition to this, here are available several other reasons why should we drink copper water.
Why Drinking Water from Copper Vessel is Beneficial?
Go through the below points through which you can get knowledge regarding why drinking water from a copper vessel is beneficial for us-
- Helps the Digestive System to perform better- Copper has antioxidants properties that kill many harmful bacteria from the body. It helps to reduce inflammation from the stomach making it a great remedy for indigestion, ulcers, and various other infections. It acts as a cleanser to detox your stomach, regulates the proper functioning of the liver and kidneys. When we store water in the container, the mineral gets leached to it. The copper leached in the water helps to break down food particles and improve digestion.
- Weight Loss- Try drinking water stored in the copper vessel if you want to lose your weight. Apart from these, tuning your digestive system to function better, also break down fat and eliminates it more efficiently.
- Heals Wounds faster- Copper has known for its anti-inflammatory, anti-bacterial, and antiviral properties. It has known for its greatness to heal wounds faster. Strengthens your immune system stronger and also produce new cells. Especially in the stomach, it doesn’t heal the body externally.
- Slows down Ageing- cooper is a natural remedy if you’re are worried about lines on your face. It has packed with anti-oxidant and cell forming properties. It fights off with free radicals, which is one of the main reasons for the appearance of lines.
- Protects from Infections- Copper sterilizes the effect of metals on bacteria and it can destroy the bacteria very effectively. Especially, it acts against E.coli and S.aureus, two bacteria that are commonly found in our environment and known to cause severe illnesses in the human body.
- Boosts Skin Health- Apart from other benefits, copper helps in the production of new cells that replenish the top layer of skin which makes your skin smooth and shiny.
- Maintain Heart Health and beats Hypertension- Heart diseases are the common ailments and copper reduces the risk of heart diseases. According to a study, copper has been found to regulate blood pressure and lowers cholesterol levels.
Copper water is simple storage of drinking water in a copper container. Some research studies show that for the leached copper to kill all the harmful bacteria, the water should be stored in a copper vessel at least overnight or upto48 hours. This all depicts that the best containers are most likely copper jars or pots rather than copper water bottles that are filled and, on the way, to go.