For the skinny people, one question always arises here, how to build muscles fast? As we all know that it is not easy to build muscles and everybody knows that. You try very hard to build muscles. You go to the gym, lifts weight, and then you will be able to see some gains. But on the other hand, if you want some serious gains, for this you need a schedule which should be more than picking up dumbbells, follow some sets and reps.
To build muscles requires a positive energy balance that means an individual needs more calories than he/ she burns every day. To build a pound of muscles, you need to consume 2800 calories and it should be supported by protein turnover along with training sessions. Make sure that if you eat too many extra calories, you may gain fat too. The gym trainer suggests you consume 200 to 250 calories every day. Some people tend to gain fat very easily, in this situation, stay updated on the lower range. On the other side, if you feel difficult in gaining fat, stick to the upper range.
Along with training sessions, it is essential to make a healthy and balanced diet to gain muscles, lose fat, and make yourself stronger. There are eight simple steps to help you gain muscles faster.
- Eat breakfast to help build muscle mass- As we all know that breakfast provides you an immediate burst of energy and also helps you to feel fuller until your next meal. Your day should start with a healthy and strong breakfast. If you’re trying to build muscles, you should include omelets, cottage cheese, and smoothies.
- Eat every three to four hours- To boose your muscle mass, one has to follow a proper schedule plan. Eating the right meal at the right time may improve the chances of growing muscles faster. By taking oatmeal and other protein items, you will be able to feel fuller easily and can survive without taking food for three to four hours. Not eating for a long time can cause over-eating for the next meal. You should eat at fixed times and finally, your body will feel hungry and cravings at a fixed time.
- Take Protein- Everybody needs protein to maintain muscles in our body. Every day one should consume 1g per 454g of body weight. The easiest way to consume protein include-
- Poultry. Chicken, turkey, duck, etc.
• Fish. Tuna, salmon, sardines, mackerel, etc.
• Eggs. Don’t believe the cholesterol myths. Eat the yolk.
• Dairy. Milk, cheese, cottage cheese, quark, yogurt, etc.
• Whey. Not necessary but great for easy post-workout shakes.
• Try vegan options too, such as lentils, tofu, seeds, and nuts.
- Eat fruits and vegetables- Most of the fruits and vegetables available in the market are low in calories. With the help of fruits and vegetables, you can fill your stomach without gaining any weight or fat. They are also a rich source of vitamins, minerals, and other essential nutrients. Antioxidants and fibers are also present which helps in the process of digestion, but just be careful towards sugar levels.
- Keep yourself Hydrated- Proper amount of water should be consumed in a day. In the training sessions, water loss can happen due to sweating which leads to impair muscle recovery. Drinking enough water prevents dehydration and hunger which results in gaining muscles.
- Eat Whole Foods 90% of the Time- To get results in lesser time, you need to boost your muscle mass. 90% of your food should whole foods. Some of them are mentioned below-
- Whole foods- Examples: fresh meat, fish, poultry, eggs, vegetables, pulses, fruits, rice, oats, quinoa, etc.
- Processed Foods- sugars, trans-fats, nitrates, corn syrup, sodium, and more chemicals. Examples: bagels, fruit bars, cereals, pizza, cookies, sausages, frozen meals, supplements.
- Ear Carbs only after Workout- After every workout, you must limit your intake of carbohydrates-
- Consume fruits and vegetables in your meal.
- Also, take rice, pasta, bread, potatoes, quinoa, oats, etc.
- Avoid white carbs and take whole grain foods.
Also, HBM supplements can be taken to boost muscle mass. Because it’s hard to perform it solo with the help of foods only.