Self-Isolation Days due to Covid-19: Keep a safe distance to slow down the spread of the Corona Virus. One word “Corona Virus or Coivd-19” has ruled over the entire nation as well as the world. Nowadays, we are finding this word near ourselves. Limiting close face-to-face contact with others is the best way to reduce the spread of Corona Virus disease. Many countries are taking serious measures to slow down the speed of this virus by maintaining isolation centers, self-quarantine and temporary lockdown in the whole country can be an only effective measure to cut down its roots.
Whether you’re in isolation or self-quarantine during Covid-19 at home, you are spending more time at home. Being physically active and strong immune systems must be essential activities one must perform during self-quarantine days. The general health advice should be followed by everybody like consuming a balanced diet, keep yourself hydrated, getting enough sleep, being physically active, managing stress, and don’t panic, etc. Therefore, eating a healthy diet is good for your health and immune system also. There are no foods available that may boost our immune system and treat the Corona Virus. But, precautions should be taken and also maintain social distancing.
7 Tips to Keep Healthy in Isolation or Self-Quarantine:
Here is a list of some foods that may help you to stay fit and healthy during self-quarantine or isolation days. Go through the below steps-
- Eat fruits and Vegetables- They are considered as the most important foods for supplying vitamins, minerals, and nutrients to the body. Our body needs them including fibers for growth, good health, and a strong immune system. An individual should aim to consume 5 portions daily of fruits and fresh vegetables equivalent to 400gm. Canned, dried, juice, fresh, frozen all the versions count as a portion. Make sure that you must add a variety of daily meals whenever possible.
- Replace Saturated Fats with Unsaturated Fats- Fats are also an essential part of a healthy diet. However, all fats are not the same and don’t provide the same effect on our health. We can replace saturated fats with unsaturated ones that lead to lower our LDL (bad) Cholesterol Level and decreases the risk of heart diseases. One should stop the consumption of fatty meats, tropical oils, high-fat diary.
- Keep Yourself Hydrated- Keeping yourself hydrated is very important for good health. How much water we should consume depends on our age, sex, height, weight, environmental conditions, level of physical activity, etc. For a refreshing taste, you can add a few drops of lemon juice in water and also add sugar, cucumber mint, or berries.
- Get your Dose of Vitamin D-In isolation, a daily dose of vitamin D should access to it. The sun is the best source of Vitamin D. Therefore, it may be difficult to get exposure to sunlight in self-quarantine, but it is recommended to eat plenty of foods containing Vitamin D. However, we should avoid unprotected sun exposure for more than 30 minutes.
- Stay safe while Food Shopping- During lockdown in the country, grocery stores remain open and there is a stable supply of groceries, so, there is no need to stock more of household groceries. The biggest risk of getting affected by the virus is through physical touch, and high-touch surfaces like weighing machines, elevator buttons, shopping-cart handles, and many more. The risk is low from touching the packing containing food items.
- Prepare Home-Cooked Meals- Spending more periods at home makes it possible for those who perform jobs to cook home meals. Many healthy and delicious recipes can be found online on YouTube and other platforms.
- Enjoy Family Meals-The social distancing outbreak means that families are spending more time at home than offices. It provides kids to learn new things from their parents and to involve children in cooking healthy foods. When they involve themselves in cooking, it is essential to teach them proper food safety and also how to keep food simple without too many spices in it.
All of us need to stay informed on the best practices to stay away from cold, cough, fever, and other symptoms of the Corona Virus. Also, try to minimize watching the news to reduce anxiety.