What a Fasting Diet Can and Can’t Do for Your Health
What a Fasting Diet Can and Can’t Do for Your Health:- Many people in our Indian Tradition fast due to many reasons. Some common reasons among them are for a religious purpose, try to detox their body, and to lose their body weight. If an individual is fasting to detox waste material from the body, then one should know that it detoxes itself. On the other hand, if they are doing this to lose weight, one may want to reconsider. There are different fasting for all the types, some fast allow water, tea, or juice but others clarifies direct cut in calories.
Intermittent fasting (IF)is considered one of the world’s most trendy health and fitness trend. Some research depicts that limiting food consumption or abstaining for some time can result in various health benefits. When someone fasts, their body adjusts by curbing your appetite that’s why you will feel less hungry at first. But when you stopped fasting, you will feel hungrier and wants to overeat.
Types of Fasting
Is Fasting Safe?
Fasting for a short period doesn’t affect that much of one’s health who are healthy and fit from inside. But for those who are fasting for longer periods is bad for their health. Our body required proper and adequate amounts of minerals, vitamins, proteins, and carbohydrates, etc on proper time from the food we eat to stay healthy. If there is an absence of any supplement, this can result in symptoms of fatigue, dehydration, constipation, dizziness, and many other problems related to health.
Popular Ways to Do Fasting
There appear several methods of eating food. Fasting has become one of the eating patterns in trend to lose weight and to improve metabolic health. Every method is effective but moreover, it depends on the individual. Here is the list of powerful ways to do fasting:-
- Eat Stop Eat:-This method involves a 24-hour fast once or twice a week. The following method is quite popular for a few years and has been popularized by an expert known as Brad Pilon. No solid foods are permitted, on the other hand, zero-calorie foods, water, and coffee are allowed to consume during the fast.
- Alternate Day Fasting:-In alternate day fasting, you are going to fast on every other day. In this type of fasting, an individual should do fast by not eating anything or by consuming only 100 calories a day. For beginners, a full fast every other day can seem rather extreme.
- Spontaneous Meal Skipping:-If you are not habitual of fasting for a full day, you can try skipping one time meal like skip breakfast or lunch or dinner. When you are too busy to cook and eat or you’re not hungry anymore, that will be the right time to skip a time meal. But keep one thing in mind, when you eat during other meals, take a healthy diet.
- The Warrior Diet:-One fitness expert named Ori Hofmeklerhas popularized the warrior diet. Raw fruits and vegetables can be taken into consideration during the daily meal and eating one complete at night time can be beneficial.
- The 5:2 Diet:-This method of diet consists of 5 days of the meal per week and keeps 2 days off for food. The method has been adopted by British Journalist Michael Mosley. It is recommended for all the women to eat 500 calories in a day on the other day, for men it should be 600 calories.
One should do fasting but things should be kept in mind that food and diet quality is also crucial in one’s life.