Healthiest Cooking Oil- In Indian kitchens, foods cooked without oil can’t be possible. Cooking oils are the staple of the kitchen. Various types of cooking oils have emerged in the market nowadays. Every oil has unique features and has different characteristics and can be used for specific purposes. Some cooking oils are used for frying while others are for simple drizzling and can be used as a garnish. Before knowing about the best and healthiest oil, one should know about the storage practices of oil. We never want to store oil near the stove as it can be exposed to heat, light, and oxygen. Other than this, the best place for oil is to store them in a cool and dark place.
For the best quality purpose and qualitative flavor, try to use it within one year of purchase. As the oil ages, the quality and flavor get weaker. The smoke point of the oil, also known as the burning point of the oil, is the temperature at which the oil begins to smoke up and lose its integrity. If the oil starts to smoke, it releases out the chemicals, that provided your food a bitter flavor which can be harmful to your health. You must ensure that you are using the right cooking oil whatever the cooking method is.
Here you will find the best and healthiest cooking oils in the below-mentioned paragraph.
- Olive Oil- One should consume a Mediterranean Diet that leads to weight loss and aids in a reduction in the risk of diseases. Plus, it will boost up your energy power to work for long hours. This oil is highly populated for its Mediterranean Diet which is abundant in healthy unsaturated fatty acids and antioxidants properties. It can reduce the risk of cardiovascular stroke and diseases.
- Avocado Oil- The essential oil is derived from the flesh of pressed avocados. The following oil has a mild flavor and high smoke point, that’s why it is perfect for almost all cooking uses in the kitchen. It has one of the highest levels of monounsaturated fats of all the oils, and it is quite low in polyunsaturated fats. Its mild flavor is versatile, that is why it is a perfect healthy swap for baked things. The avocado oil is a bit expensive. It is best for roasting, baking, frying, etc.
- Flaxseed Oil- The oil named Flaxseed Oil is a great vegan source of healthy omega-3 fatty acids. The diet which is a rich source in Omega-3 ALA is found in Flaxseed Oil. The oil is linked with lower lipid levels and reduced blood pressure. This oil requires refrigeration. It is very sensitive to heat as it can oxidize and rancid very easily. Along with nutty flavor and best for salad dressings, drizzling’s. It should be noted that the oil must be kept in a dark container at the back of the refrigerator as it can spoil quickly.
- Coconut Oil- In recent years, coconut oil has gained so much popularity. But here the question arises, Is it healthy? The coconut oil is made up of pressing fresh coconut meat or dried coconut meat depending on their type. The coconut is firm at room temperature as it is composed of 90% saturated fats and also is a rich natural source of medium-chain triglycerides.
- Sesame Oil- This is one of the best oils which is rich in both monosaturated fats and polyunsaturated fats. It is quite low in saturated fat. The ingredients of the oil contain sesamin and sesamol which are many powerful antioxidants. There is evidence that sesame oil helps in the reduction of blood pressure. Since the oil is extracted at a cooler temperature. They also add a lot of flavors, it acts well in fry foods and also makes a great substitute to peanut oil if you have a peanut allergy.
The healthier oils listed above are fit for most home-cooking uses. All oils start to degrade once they reach their smoke point. If accidentally, your oil catches fire, get rid of it and start over again. Don’t use oils, if they smell bad. Never reuse and reheat any cooking oil as it may cause serious injuries like cancer. Don’t forget to store them in a dark and cool place.