Natural Substitutes for Sugar
Natural Substitutes for Sugar:-Sugar is an inseparable and essential part of our food. Although sugar is derived from the natural process and it does not have any downside effects. Most of the people enjoying sugar in their food and crave for it and enhances the sweetens and flavor the food. However, refined sugar is not beneficial for health. Therefore, low-calorie sugar and many sugar substitutes are available in the market that allows the patients to have diabetes to enjoy their favorite food and sweets that do not affect their blood sugar levels.
Selecting alternative substitutes for sugar is the best way for diabetes patients is the only way to maintain sweetness in food and meals. The main part of the problem is people consume it every day without having control over it or knowing it. One should know how bad the sugar can be for their blood sugar levels and other hormonal issues.
Sugar can disturb your hormonal levels which regulate hunger and satiety results in more calorie intake and gain weight in the body. Side effects of high consumption of sugar lead to headaches and poor digestion even mood disorders. Here is the list of some alternative substitutes that are available to replace sugar in an individual’s kitchen.
5 Natural Substitutes of Sugar
Fortunately, there are available many substitutes like honey that are healthy and tasty to redefined sugar.
- Honey:-It is the most preferable sweetener throughout the world. Along with its benefits for health, full of vitamins B6, iron, zinc, calcium, potassium, enzymes, phosphorus, antioxidants, etc. Directly raw honey can be extracted from bee-keepers or the market. The darker the honey, the richer will be taste and better the health aids lead to. Honey contains 64 Calories in a single tablespoon. It is easier to digest than regular sugar.
- Coconut Sugar:-It is a natural sweetener, redefined, and possesses all the vitamins, minerals and does not lead to disorder in blood sugar levels. Though, it consists of the same amount of calories as regular sugar has. But it is rich in carbohydrates and diabetes patients should avoid it as it may not be the best option for them. Those who are focusing on limit their weight should have a look at it.
- Fruits:-Some fruits like figs, dates, and bananas are excellent additions of low sugar in one’s diet. If an individual is interested in banana, they are more likely to take advantage of more fiber and potassium. On the other hand, dates and figs are a rich source of minerals and vitamins like calcium and iron. Raisins are the best option used as a substitute for sugar.
- Stevia:-A natural sweetener extracted from the leaves of South America shrub and has two components- stevioside and rebaudioside. Both of them contains zero amount of calories and can be highly sweetened than sugar around 350 times and may differ in taste than regular sugar. It is 100% natural and has no side effects on human health. It depicts low blood sugar and blood pressure levels.
- Natural Sweeteners:-Health conscious people often used natural sweeteners instead of regular sugar. Natural Sweeteners include coconut sugar, maple syrup, honey, and molasses, etc. These natural sweeteners contain more vitamins and nutrients than regular sugar. On the other hand, the body metabolizes it in the same way. They are less harmful to health than regular sugar.
Eating too much regular sugar can lead to obesity, cancer, diabetes, and heart diseases. We should use natural sugars supplements like maple syrup, honey, and other substitutes. They are good alternatives.